VISION, MISSION, CORE VALUES, FAITH PERSPECTIVE & STATEMENT OF FAITH
Helping others find true freedom and a healthy stable life
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE:
The mission of EPIC Community Center, with our partners, is to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in our community to bring hope and freedom through the power of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Honor and glorify God
Serve and lead as Christ has led
See that every human being matters
OUR FAITH PERSPECTIVE:
We who serve at EPIC Community Center prove our faith in God by doing the good things God has prepared in advance for us to do by serving the least of these. As a result, we see transformed lives, new hope, and stability in those we serve.
As followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to obey His commands:
To love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:37-40
Our work ethic is based on these Bible verses:
“Then the righteous will answer him, ’Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed
you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger
and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick
or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever
you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
- Our purpose is to glorify God.
- We will address the needs of the whole body, mind and spirit.
- Our Board of Directors and staff believe in and our partners and volunteers recognize our statement of faith.
- We will offer help to all those who come to us with needs, no matter their belief.
- Donors to the Community Center, our partners and volunteers are people from many faiths, or no faith.
- By our words and our deeds, we present Jesus Christ, His servant attitude and teachings because we believe they are necessary for transforming lives which is our ultimate goal.
- We are not affiliated with any church or denomination.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- We believe in one God, eternally existent as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is God's inspired and infallible Word, and is the supreme standard and final authority for all conduct, faith, and doctrine.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but by willful transgression became sinful and is justly under the condemnation and wrath of Almighty God.
- We believe that the only salvation from this guilt and condemnation is through faith in the righteousness and atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this salvation is the free gift of God's love and grace.
- We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit and that His ministry is to reveal Christ to men, to convict of sin, to regenerate repentant sinners and, by His presence and power, to sanctify the lives of the redeemed.
- We believe that there will be a resurrection of the just and the unjust; the just, having been redeemed by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be with Him throughout eternity in glory; the unjust, having died impenitent and unreconciled to God, eternally separated from God.
- We believe that all believers are called to obey not only the first great commandment, to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, but also the second great commandment of our Lord: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
- We believe that ministry to “the least of these” (Matt 25:40) in the name of Christ is commanded for all Christians and should be the basis of our Mission statement.